Monday, July 7, 2008

Limbaugh: ‘I consider myself a defender of corporate America.’

In a New York Times Magazine profile released online today, right-wing radio talker Rush Limbaugh declares himself "the intellectual engine of the conservative movement." Described by reporter Zev Chafets as "less a theoretician than a popularizer" whose "concerns are economic," Limbaugh proudly says, "I consider myself a defender of corporate America." Limbaugh’s claim is supported by the aggressive manner in which he acts as a "pitchman" for products on his show:

Some simply run their usual ads. Others use Limbaugh as their pitchman, which costs them a premium and a long-term commitment. And lately he has created a new option. At a much higher rate he will weave a product into his monologue (To a caller who said he took two showers after voting for Clinton in Operation Chaos, Limbaugh responded: "If you had followed my advice and gotten a Rinnai tankless water heater, you wouldn’t have needed to take two showers. And I’ll tell you why. . . .")

2 comments:

Michael said...

What he meant to say: I consider myself a hypocrite whore who will undermine democracy and embolden intolerance and ignorance for my own enrichment.

likwidshoe said...

No michael, that's what you said.