Thursday, September 20, 2007

Great post from "Left in East Dakota"

I just read this on "Left in East Dakota".

I felt I needed to post it here also....I really like Graeme's blog you should check it out

A breath of sane air

Mohamed ElBaradei:
"I repeat: we have not seen any undeclared facilities operating in Iran, we have not seen any concrete evidence that the Iran program is being weaponized. We have not received any information to that effect. So, I haven't heard any other information, to the contrary. So while we are still concerned about the nature of the Iranian program, we should not... I do not believe, at this stage, that we are facing clear and present danger that requires that we go beyond diplomacy."
ElBaradei also said:
"I would not talk about any use of force. There are rules on how to use force, and I would hope that everybody would have gotten the lesson after the Iraq situation, where 700,000 innocent civilians have lost their lives on the suspicion that a country has nuclear weapons."
Put in the context of today's world, these are radical statements. They ought to be on the front page of every newspaper in the country.