Thursday, February 7, 2008

Mitt out.

Mitt gave a wonderful and in-sincere concession speech and has now "left the building". The GOP just can't find a candidate that satisfies. They don't like McCain, but it looks like he will be the nominee. I like McCain. I don't agree with about 80% of his policies but he seems to be "real" person.

I think the only chance the Republicans have would be running McCain against Hillary. I think the Dems. should push for a Clinton/Obama ticket. Obama might have enough influence as the VP to push the easy win and we could feasibly have 16 years of a democratic White House.

However I also believe in a balanced government as the republicans proved that the adage "absolute power corrupts absolutely" as they controlled the WH, the Sen. and the House for so many years and did nothing but put us all in one gigantic cesspool. They had six years to make the right wing dream a reality. I am afraid that where we are "is" the right wing dream. Ass-deep in debt, in a win-less war, while we enjoy a nice recession. ......but I digress...

I would be willing to dump this Democratic controlled senate also. They have been a complete spineless lot.

No comments: