Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Two Questions I heard while shaving.

Television is my alarm clock. This morning I heard a question and a statement.

Statement:

"Not long ago John McCain was traveling around the country trying to get folks to vote to privatize social security. One of the investment vehicles he touted were 'sub-prime mortgages".....

imho= I hope he has the sense to choose a VP with an economic pulse.


Question:

"Are you better off than you were when George Bush took office"

Of course the answer is no, but how many areas of our lives is the answer no.


here at "2 focus Inn"
Gas has doubled
Portfolio is down by 30%
Medical costs are way up
income has pretty much flat lined
inflation (food is breaking my bank...of course a 13 and 14 year old boys don't help)


My question:
What is better now than it was 8 years ago?

3 comments:

Brent said...

The short answer is no.

Anonymous said...

I am pretty much a fiscal conservative. I have been completely disenfranchised by this administration. The previous admin. (clinton) had way more on the ball economically speaking.

Anonymous said...

Who is better off? Those middle class people who earn $4 million per year. :-)