Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Xbox 360


My boys have an xbox 360 with a fair multitude of games. They play on a 61 inch HD flatscreen whilst lounging on a nice leather couch.

When I was the same age, I had a stick that I could play with outside in the dirt.

I am positive that if I had a similar gaming set up that I never would have gotten past junior high school. So how is it that these boys get better grades than I did?

Being closer to 50 than to 45 and having taught for 25+ years, I am amazed at this generations ability to process information. I am amazed at their ability to multi task so seamlessly. I am amazed at their ability to handle a schedule, considerably more complicated than mine was at that age. I am amazed at their ability to handle stress.


But mostly I am amazed that while they enjoy "panorama xbox" I am watching those worthless Vikings loose, yet, another game on a 14 inch portable in the laundry room.

Yeah, they are spoiled


PS. Call of Duty 4 is the most amazing video game I have ever played!

2 comments:

Brad said...

Is Call of Duty that game where the civilized West reasserts its commitment to human rights, passing repeated resolutions stating as much, and emploring their adversaries to continuing dialogue?

Anonymous said...

This is what your brain does at 5:20 AM?